Name of Event: CV Writing Workshop
Date: 18th of December, 2016.
Venue: JP Naik Auditorium, Mumbai University, Kalina, Santacruz (E), Mumbai
(a) Session 1: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm. This is aimed at people with No Work Experience
(b) Session 2: 2 pm to 5 pm. This is aimed at people with up to 5 years' experience
Target Audience: People from SC/ST/OBC/VJ/NT communities.
Fee: There is No Fee Charged. It will be free of cost.
Objective: In today's world, in the competitive job environment, it is seen that having Talent is not the only criteria. Having the right resume is also equally important. New tools like Linkedin have also come into picture that have a lot of potential. Our students have all the Talent and it is a question of showcasing it better while applying for jobs.
Details of the Workshop
- How to effectively write a Resume
- How to be more efficient while applying for positions Online. Many organisations have an Online application process in addition to accepting Resumes
- How to have a better profile in LinkedIn and use it more effectively for applying/searching for jobs
There is a Facebook Event Page created for this Workshop. The Links are below.
How to Participate
Step 1: Register yourself on the following link by answering some basic questions
Step 2: Confirmation email will be sent. Please check your email.
Step 3: Attend the program in person at the time related to your choice of workshop session.
Medium of Instruction: Primarily in English mixed with Hindi and Marathi. It will be a Face to Face/In-person Workshop and not through Video Conferencing.
Facilitator Details: The sessions would be facilitated by Vinay Shende. Vinay is currently working in the Corporate Sector as a Senior Manager, HR based out of Mumbai. He has worked in organisations like Shell, Philips and has an overall experience of around 15 years. He has completed his Masters in Human Resources from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. He is keen on sharing his insights and contributing to aspiring Bahujan students, so that they can prepare themselves for careers and higher studies.
Due to venue constraints, there would be limited seats. Hence, Registration is Mandatory for anyone to attend. People who are interested are requested to Register as soon as possible.
Some more important points to Note for participants:
1. Please bring your own writing materials (pen, writing pads).
2. You are also requested to carry a copy of your recent Resume in Hard Copy.3
3. Tea will be provided during the break. However, lunch and Breakfast will not be provided
3. No dress code.
4. Needless to say, the workshop is organized by and for participants engaging with the ideology of Phule, Ambedkar, Periyar and other anti-caste thinkers.