(Fact finding report first published in April 2003 by PUCL)
1. Sheelu, President, Tamil Nadu Women's Collective
2. T.S.S. Mani PUCL, Chennai - Chengai District Committee.
3. Ponnuthai, Women's Forum Against Violence on Women, South Tamil Nadu.
4. W.G.Latha - Tamil Nadu Resource Team.
5. Jessy , Kanchi People's Forum
6. Mahesh, Kanchi People's Forum
7. Kannan, human Rights - Tamil Nadu Initiative
8. Pasarai Selvaraj, Dalith Activist, Kancheepuram
9. Mahandran, Kanchi People's Forum
The above team from different parts of Tamil Nadu concerned about social harmony and human rights are pained by the communal clash at Koothirambakkam, in Kancheepuram District on 29th March 2003. Hearing about the incident on the same night, human rights activists from Kancheepuram rushed to the village on 30th March 2003 in the early hours. The team has met both sides of the community. It has met with the daliths as well as the vanniar representatives, particularly the village Panchayath President Ms.Kasthuri.