"My final words of advice to you are Educate, Agitate and Organize; have faith in yourself. With justice on our side I do not see how we can lose our battle. The battle to me is a matter of joy. The battle is in the fullest sense spiritual. There is nothing material or social in it. For ours is a battle not for wealth or for power. It is a battle for freedom. It is a battle for the reclamation of the human personality." – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
There is a new way of showing hatred in the belly. This is through a Facebook Page called 'Best Indian Memes for creamy Teens'. The Facebook link of that page is https://www.facebook.com/SuperEdgyTeens/
The page administrators' (supposedly) details are:
Ayush Singh: https://www.facebook.com/endmyl1fe
Varun Yadav : https://www.facebook.com/varunpostblocked.yadav
Some of the sample jokes/memes posted on the page are shown below:
More such screenshots are there in the following link:
Everyone appreciates humour, but this is certainly not humour. It is anti-women, anti-SC/ST/OBC, anti-Ambedkar etc.
While many people have objected to this by reporting this Page to Facebook, Facebook has sent responses saying they don't violate its standards.
We are requesting all (who want to fight back against this) to file a complaint at the nearest Police Station at the earliest. Some suggestions on what one can do are:
1. Go to the nearest Police Station in your vicinity. Lodge a complaint. Carry a Printout of the screenshots. You can use these sentences (if you want) - this is admissible under The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015, check Sub-clause 4 (r) :
"Intentionally insults or intimidates with intent to humiliate a member of a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe within Public View ".
In case the Police Station is refusing to register the complaint, take the reasons in writing. A good tip is to have about 20-25 people going together and lodging the complaint.
Please remember to take down the acknowledgement and First Information Report (FIR) number after lodging the complaint.
2. Report to the Cyber Cell of Police. This can be done by going there in person (each State capital has a Cyber Cell). You can also send it as an email. Twitter users can also Tweet about it to Senior Authorities in Police.
3. File the Police Complaint Online.
for UP : https://cctnsup.gov.in/cctns_efir/login.aspx
for Delhi : http://22.214.171.124:84/
for Cyber Crime cells in India: http://cybercrimecomplaints.com/cyber-crime-cells-india. For Mumbai, https://mumbaipolice.maharashtra.gov.in/complaint.asp
4. Write/Speak to respective National Commission of Scheduled Castes/Tribes office and register a complaint.
The link to register the complaint is http://ncsccmis.nic.in/NCSCCMIS/Welcome1.do
Call Toll Free Number No.1800 1800 345 (for all State Offices of the NCSC) and lodge a complaint.
5. Tell your local MLA/MP/Political parties about this through your respective contacts and request them for support.
This has already been taken note by many people across the country. Mass complaints have been filed in Mumbai (various Police stations). The police have assured of strict action as it will be a non-bailable offense. Would still want people to pile on the pressure that sends out a strong message to casteists and misogynists.
Vinay Shende is currently working as Senior Manager-HR in a corporate and is an alumnus of Tata Institute of Social Sciences.